Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jan 10 2011 Day 6 panama

Jan 10 2011 Day 6

Before I start my post i would just like to say that I am and have been using a Spanish keyboard and computer so my spelling will be a bit off.

In the morning took a taxi to Trisker, a local orphanage where I would be doing my volunteer project.
As soon as I arrived it was all I could do not to cry. The children played more with dirt than toys, they were kept in with barbed wire, more than 50 children on under 2 acres of land. Upon receiving milk the kids clutched it and drank with out stoping until it was empty.
A little girl ran up to me and hugged my knees. I guesed that she was no older than 2 years old. I was led to the classroom where I would be talking to the older girls about my business. I talked about how I got started with Simply Luscious, that I donate 5% of my profits and I talked about how I made the lip balm. When I was done I met the babies and played with the kids. I found that the litte toys that they did have were very boring and not challenging to one´s imagination.

1 comment: